I have found that these are some of the most useful accessories for the GoPro HD Surf Hero outfit.
From right to left:
1. Rain-X Original to be used, and recommended by GoPro to put on the lens to avoid water droplets from forming and blurring the pics or videos.
2. GoPro Wrist Strap with housing: not so useful as it gets in the way when paddling, and is rather a pain to adjust.
3. Hand Held mount (red), floats, and has a wrist strap/lanyard to secure to you while in the water taking pics when not surfing. This, and the black Hand Held mount next to it I found on eBay, but they can be ordered direct from www.grannygrip.com for less. Plus no tax, and free shipping on orders over a certain small amount. (From Oregon)
4. Hand Held mount Black , from Granny Grip: see above review ; - )
5. Hand Held prototype mount with wrist leash found on eBay, heavy, pricy, but secure when used with a boogie board for water shots.
6. Wrist Strap, from www.optechusa.com. can be used with any smaller digital camera, but I purchased it to attach to the Gorillapod next to it.
7. Gorillapod from www.gorillapod.com, they're in SF, and only $19.95 (can be found at REI & some larger camera shops). Handy to use in the water, and also attaches/wraps around small in diameter objects to secure the camera with the GoPro, like roof racks, tree branches, beach chairs, etc.
My favorite find(s) are the Granny Grips, and are my go to when shooting all pics, either in or out of the water.
Hope this helps anybody with a GoPro that may have been looking for any such items.